Oct 15, 2009

Leather tags and a linen pouch with the tag

I made leather tags with tiny pieces of scraps. It's very simple and easy to make.
I cut leather in 3.6 cm x 2 cm (1.5 inches x 0.8 inches).
How to make a leather tag 1

I punch them three holes. I made a pattern with thick paper, and put it on the pieces to check where I should punch. I also used these small circle pieces too!
How to make a leather tag 2

I cut a piece of fabric as the same size as the tag.
How to make a leather tag 3

I put the piece on the back of the leather piece, and put little glue on the place of a hole.
How to make a leather tag 4

Then I put the circle piece on the glue, and pushed the piece into the hole. I used a pen to push it well. I put three pieces in the same way.
How to make a leather tag 5

Then I cut the excess fabric.
How to make a leather tag 6

The front side is this.
How to make a leather tag 7

I made a lot.
How to make a leather tag 8

At last, I made four holes at the corners with a stiletto, so I can sew the tag on my items.
How to make a leather tag 9

That's all!
Leather tags

Then, I made a linen pouch and put the tag on it.
Linen pouch with a leather tag

This is made of white linen from SWANY. I sewed it with Sashiko cotton thread.

I also put a small piece of leather at the code, as the stopper.
Linen pouch with a leather tag

But I made a mistake. I used different color of leather as the tag...
Linen pouch with a leather tag

It's easy to use leather on your project and it makes handmade items more gorgeous, isn't it?

20 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, how cool!!! I posted a link to your tutorial at Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-little-leather-window-tags/2009/10/15/

--Anne

Helena said...

It's lovely!!!

Diah Rothman said...

You always have very great ideas... and love all your works!

Erin said...

So creative! I love what you think of :)

celine said...

i stumbled on your blog and was thrilled, excited, impressed, in-awe, jealous (hehe) about your creativity and your stunning handmades .....

i spent the whole night, and the early hours of today reading through your archives. my eyes are tired but i am enjoying every moment of it.

mai, thanks for sharing your work and your awesome tutorials

Lavinia said...

Mairuru, I loved your tags! you are so creative! thanks for sharing it!! ^__^
love your blog
Lavi

Leonor said...

I really like your blog! Yo share such a original ideas...

Ummm... the "post comment" link is a little bit small, so it's dificult to see it... (in my opinion).

:-))

someone. said...

Wow! This looks easy to do, I might try it!

Thanks always for sharing~ ^o^)

raf said...

Bellissimo!!!
Raffaella

jo l said...

I found your wonderful blog yesterday and have had a great time reading all your posts (i've read to october 2008 now) and being inspired by your beautiful work. You have great taste, and create gorgeous pieces of art. Keep it up! I'm going to try and make some sarubobo christmas decorations, or maybe something for my baby's room. Thanks :)

clf said...

Hi Mairuru, I came upon your amazing blog through sewmamasew and like Skinnymum, I too have been reading your archives until my eyes have become tired. :)

I enjoy your creativity, ingenuity and economy with small scraps of fabric, and the fact that all your sewing is done by hand!

The pointy tool you are using in this post is most commonly called an "awl" in English. (Sometimes dictionaries give a technically correct translation, but not the best translation.)

http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=awl&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stitching_awl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiletto

While a stiletto is a pointy weapon, the most common English usage of the word refers to a shoe with a pointy heel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiletto_heel

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&um=1&q=stiletto&sa=N&start=18&ndsp=18

mairuru said...

Hello Clf,
Thank you very much for your comment!
I understand very well of the meanings of these words. I looked for the good word, but couldn't find well... Thank you very much (* v *)!!!!!

mairuru said...

Hello Androides,
I agree with you. I check if I could change the size.
Thank you!

Coochies & All said...

You are so creative! This is lovely and a great idea! :)
elaine t

clf said...

You are welcome! :)

Vijay Eswaran said...

Wow, this is really nice.
Thanks for the step by step tutorial..:)

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Sincerely yours
Timm Clade

jewellery boxes said...

you site make me learn much about how to blogginh

pharmacy said...

Great post! Keep it up the good work and also keep posting.

Susan said...

I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Explore photo and video images on Instagram, latest posts and popular posts about Pikdo.